We like to cuddle up in bed and watch movies. We revel in shopping for groceries together. We decorate our house and we spend a lot of time visiting family.
We aren't like other married couples in a couple of other ways. We are both students. I'm in nursing school and he's in business. He's also in the army and so he spends one weekend every month two hours away from home. We don't have our own house because we live with his grandmother. Oh and...
We got married after knowing each other for only 11 months.
He proposed on Christmas Day, after only 6 months of being together
When I said yes, it sent most people we knew into a tailspin. Some were thrilled (mostly people who knew us very well) and others, not so thrilled. The biggest question I got was "Why now?" It could get frustrating at times.
Then, we decided to elope. I told some friends and he told no one. Right before we left, I did eventually tell a favorite aunt and uncle and their kids because they were some of the only people I would have wanted at a big wedding.
We eloped in Gatlinburg, TN, one of my favorite places on earth (And hopefully, now Cody's too). We had only my best friend, her boyfriend and their daughter.
Our view from the Space Needle in Gatlinburg
Roaring Fork Nature Trail
I'm not going to go into reasons why we eloped or why we did it when we did it in this post. Maybe a future one but I do have to say that it was one of the best decisions we could have made as a couple.
We spent 4 glorious days in a beautiful 3 bedroom cabin up in the mountains with just one other couple. We all had a blast playing pool, sitting in the hottub, barbecuing, chasing raccoons away from our cabin and exploring Gatlinburg. Cody and I did spend the last night alone and it was wonderful (even though we decided to make the 7 hour drive back home at 11 o'clock that night).


Have you met this amazing blogger?






1 comment:
Blog Hop- Cute post and I love the Nature Trail Photo. Looking forward to following you and reading more. Happy 4th of July!
Post a Comment