What is the most medically accurate tv show?
House? Nope, he handles cases that are too crazy
![]() |
| (source) |
Grey's? Sorry to fans, but uhh..heck no! (although we do watch clips in our nursing classes sometimes!)
![]() |
| (source) |
![]() |
| (source) |
General Hospital? Nope!!
Wait for it...
The most medically accurate show is....![]() |
| (source) |
No seriously! Here's my source for the info: OMG Facts
Apparently, this show accurately portrays the day to day life of a doctor, showing the true course of a doctor's education and patients that a doctor is likely to encounter, while the other shows tend to have more outrageous cases.
This seriously thrilled me when I saw it this morning. Why? Scrubs is in my top three reasons for wanting to be a nurse.
I will never forget hearing Carla say "I used to want to be a doctor, but then I realized that the nurse does all the real work." Now, I have no idea why doing most of the work appealed to me, but it did. And I have to say it's true.
As a nursing student on the floor, I maybe see a doctor once a day, twice if the patient is more critical. The RN and I are constantly working together to care for the patient, making sure they get the meds, get their food, get their insulin, stay warm, stay clean, you name it.
I'd watch the show and think about how fun it looks to work in the hospital and how much you come to really rely on your team members. I have to say this part is true too. Okay, I'm dead dog tired after the end of a long day, bitching about my feet, my back, my instructor (oh, let's just be honest) but nothing compares to working in the hospital.
You come to really rely on your team mate's judgement. They become your family. My fellow nursing students know me in a way that not even my husband gets to know me. They see my weak moments and my strong moments and we all have a blast when we're together. We have to because we spend more time with each other than we do our own families.
So anyway, I'm glad to be validated in that it's not stupid to look at a hilarious sitcom as part of my inspiration for my career.
What inspired you to start your career? (nursing or otherwise) Is it something as silly as a tv show?


Have you met this amazing blogger?






.jpg)
.jpg)

9 comments:
Ahhh! I love that Scrubs is medically accurate, it's such a great show!!
I have never actually seen Scrubs, but I am a diehard Grey's fan even if it isn't accurate! I love the last bit, that is everything I am looking forward to in becoming a nurse and love hearing others share the same passion.
I love watching Grey's knowing full well that it is so far removed from hospital reality. Sometimes, my husband watches it and he is in disbelief and pointing out all the inaccuracies! HAHA!
Found you through the GFC hop and glad I did!
I love Scrubs!
Interesting! I'm a huge Grey's fan, but of course I know that it's more for entertainment than anything. :) I found you on the GFC blog hop, and I'm happy to be your newest follower! I'd love for you to check me out at http://www.two-in-diapers.blogspot.com and maybe follow me back! :)
That's too funny! I would have never thought that. But, I don't really watch any of those so what would I know. :) I'm your newest follower from the GFC blog hop. Megan
i was going to write scrubs even before I continued to write more! its one of my FAV shows ever!!!!!
xo
This blog post made me miss ER! I loved that show!
This is so funny! I love scrubs but wouldn't have really thought it to be accurate. Awesome! New follower to your lovely blog :)
<3 Daryl
Roots, Wings & Other Things.
Post a Comment