homeAbout MeAdvertisecontact

Saturday, July 21, 2012

My Wedding Face


I'm so excited to be doing a wedding series on my blog and I've been waiting and waiting for my professional pics to come in so I can start it!

I thought I'd start with something girly and fun- with my makeup!

Tomorrow's post is going to be some back story about how Cody and I met.
After that, I'll start with actual trip and wedding recap pics!

At the very end, I'll share my tips for a successful elopement!
I hope you enjoy!
As a girl on a budget, I did my own makeup for my wedding ceremony and I did it cheaply. In this post, I'm going to show you what I used.
Since it was a destination wedding/elopement, I had to plan ahead of time and I could only bring so much makeup with me.
My #1 tip for makeup is to not use makeup that is not your style. Since I hardly ever use makeup, I didn't go all out with eyeshadows and eye lashes because that's just not me.
First, I applied this face primer: It was cheap, I had heard good reviews about it and I tested it out a couple of times before my wedding day. 


Then, I applied my foundation. I used this one one the recommendation of a friend and some makeup alley reviews. I'm glad I did because this is my new favorite foundation. It really does last forever!

After that, I applied a little bit extra in the places I needed concealer and I used this product to even out my skin tone:
I've used this since the end of high school and I love it. It doesn't really conceal but it does help to get rid of redness and other discoloration

The other face makeup I used were these products. 


Lastly, I used this as a finishing powder:


Now, that may seem like a lot of makeup, but I use it sparingly so it doesn't give a caked on effect. For eyes, I used these products.

These have been my go-to eye liners for years. I use the gel eye liner with a brush on top and the topaz on bottom

This is a new mascara I tried for my engagement pictures and I'm glad that I did because it's now my fave. It makes my eye lashes stand out just enough

I used the lighter shade as my all over color and the crease color was the one below. 
I didn't use a highlight because I forgot one (oops)


Lastly, I put this on my lips. I actually put this on and blotted right before the ceremony.


There ya have it! Obviously, I used all drug store products (Except the Sephora gloss, which I got as my beauty card holder birthday gift) and didn't spend a ton of money. This is what my face looked like on my wedding day:

Non professional pic.

I hope you enjoyed this post! I can't wait for you to read tomorrow's post!



Photobucket
Have you met this amazing blogger?

2 comments:

Katie said...

I think the greatest tip is to not do something that isn't "you" to your face. You want to look like you on your wedding day, not some overly made-up version of yourself!

Tiffany @ Austin Family Diary said...

Fun! I'm starting my wedding series next week too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis