homeAbout MeAdvertisecontact

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Pinternoying




Like everyone else in the entire world, I do love me some pinterest.

It's what I did when I was younger with magazines but with less cutting, glue, paper and back aching from arching over a huge spread out pile of paper in the floor.
Hey, gotta save that back for lifting patients!


That being said, there are some things that drive me crazy about pinterest.



First:

Why on earth would you pin now and read later? Or at least, why put that in the caption?
If you're on pinterest, you're obviously not busy.
Hello, you're on pinterest! One of the biggest time wasters!
Stop wasting time and go read that blog you just pinned!
Source: j.mp via salanon on Pinterest

Second:
Why write in the caption "I'll be glad I pinned this someday."
Isn't that the whole point of pinning something? To save it for later? Even if we go back to that magazine clipping, we did that to save the ideas for later. 
Therefore, all of your pins are for later.

Third:
This is mostly with following other bloggers, but I always know when bloggers are planning a series or a certain style of posts. 
I'm sure people figured out before I released my "Get in my Closet" series because I pinned a ton of outfits. It just takes the element of surprise out of it all.




Fourth:
I hate hate hate when people pin things to buy and then I want to buy it too.
So, I click my merry way over to overspend even more and it's sold out.
I mean, Cody and our bank accounts thank all of you people that bought it before me,
but I'm left sad.

Five:
Pinning Things from Tumblr.
Don't do it.
They rarely, if ever, link back to the correct page and it's near impossible to find anything on a tumblr
(at least in my experience)
In fact, don't pin a random picture, especially if it's something the reader may want to click back through and read.
It's rude.
It's like saying you have this awesome new idea and people ask for help and you sit there going:
"Na na na na"


I guess with all great things come some bad things too and I should stop complaining but I sure do feel better now that I've gotten all this off my chest!

Oh, and I'd also like to thank Pinterest for their handy embed feature to make it super easy to get these images on my blog! So, even with it's annoyances, Pinterest is still pretty amazeballs!



Are you pin obsessed?
Is there anything else about pinterest that drives you crazy?


Photobucket
Have you met this amazing blogger?

6 comments:

Jillian Carreira said...

Clearly you have put a lot of thought into this and I do agree with most of them. One of my annoyances is seeing pictures of half naked people that I consider inappropriate at times. If this is a family site then that should be monitored.
Jillian
http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/2012/11/anticipating-grenada.html

Anonymous said...

I just discovered that embed code too last night! I was like "man, I am soooooo tired of saving all these photos to my computer AND having to label them properly and link them back!" Then I found out and I was like whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat! HAHA

Lisa said...

I, too, don't understand the "pin now, read later" or the "save this for later." Clearly, if you're not getting married or currently prego, you don't actually need wedding planning articles or a guide to breastfeeding. You don't know most people on Pinterest, and you don't have to justify your pins.

Genna said...

Pinning things from Tumblr...HATE. Especially when I'm like "OMG! I love this!" and I click and I get nowhere. Glad someone else is as frustrated with all that as I am!

Erin said...

This is so stinking true! Everything you said. What annoyed me the most about Pinterest was having to see all of my teacher friends educational pins or my English teacher friends suggested book pins. But then I figured out how to unfollow specific boards. Pinterest to the rescue!

MK said...

I HATE when Pinterest follows someone for me and all the sudden I have 7,424 pins on my page from some random person's "Potential Bathroom Mirror" board. Also, I've never read your blog before but I'm glad I did because I agree with all your gripes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis