1. Wash your face. Preferably, with a gentle cleanser like cetaphil or something along those lines. Now, preferably you'll do this twice a day but please at least aim for one!
Bonus: Always at least take your makeup off! Let those pores breathe!
2. Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate. It's a long standing wive's tale that chocolate will make your acne worse. I had a doctor tell me that sodas and junk food in general are far worse for your skin than anything else and I've found this to be true. In fact, that doctor told me "Stop drinking soda and start drinking water and see what happens, I bet your face will clear up." And she was right.
Bonus: Now, there's another thing about cutting out dairy, but anyone that knows me knows that I need my milk and cheese dip!
3. Moisturize. I know, you have a nasty oily face and moisturizing it will just make it oilier. Wrong. Moisturizing helps balance out your skin and actually, over time, cause it to stop producing as much oil. If you have oily skin, buy one for specifically for oily skin to cut down on that shine.
Bonus: Personally I don't like moisturizers with salicylic acid in it. I feel like that negates the purpose, but do what you do!
4. Apple Cider Vinegar. Have you heard of this year? Seriously, it is amazing! When you first start using it, get a bottle and mix it three fourths water and one fourth ACV. Then, when you finish that bottle, do half and half until you gradually make it to full ACV. I'm still using about two thirds water, one third ACV but it definitely helps my skin sooo much! Beware though, because it can sting and it can dry you out.
Bonus: If your face gets super super dry, witch hazel makes a great toner but is a lot more gentile so you can use it until your face isn't as dry from the ACV and then start again with a lower ratio of water to ACV
5. Wash your face for 60 seconds each time you wash your face. Remember being told to brush for 2 minutes? It's kind of the same thing to your face. Massaging your cleanser into your face in a circular motion will allow the wash to really get in and do it's job, plus you will likely wash areas that you may have missed if you did it quickly.
Have you tried any of these tips?
What is your NUMBER ONE skin tip?


Have you met this amazing blogger?






11 comments:
I've been using Cetaphil since high school. It is the only cleanser I will use. I also use apple cider vinegar, but I drink it.! It helps to keep my skin clear, but has a bunch of other health benefits too!
I think I actually started using Cetaphil months ago because a post you did. I love it! I've never tried to the vinegar trick.
I have been using Cetaphil for months its amazing...Thanks for sharing!
My #1 facial secret?
Tea Tree Oil.
No Joke. A lady who waxed me once (wow, what a great title) turned me onto it because it was anti-inflammatory and would help with the waxing pain, but I now use a solution of teatree oil, ACV, water, and baby wash on my face every night, and I haven't.had.a.break.out.since. Not Kidding. It's magical.
Love these tips! I have to say that I use my oil to cleanse still because I love it. Witch hazel as a toner has really helped me too. I have to try the ACV because it sounds like a great idea! If I have a really bad breakout I'll use diluted tea tree oil. Swear by it! My worst one would have to be water. I'm horrible with it. Also try not wearing makeup whenever you can. Even if it's just on weekends or days off. It has really changed my skin and built up my self confidence! :)
Awesome to know!
Such a cute blog just found you from Never the same spice twice blog! So happy to meeet you and find your darling blog you have here!
FYI having a $200 Tiffany and Co. Giveaway on the blog come check it out!
XO
Your friend Ash
http://abpetite.blogspot.com/2013/02/200-tiffany-co-giveaway.html
I live my ACV. My skin has gotten sooo much better since I started using it.
Great tips! All I do is drink water from these tips...
I have some great natural skin care products that I order through a catalog that I just love.
I haven't tried ACV for anything yet! Even though I have a bottle in my kitchen....
thanks for the tips! I'm glad to know chocolate isn't involved with breakouts ;) and I'll definitely try the ACV!
The great posts have become a great fan of this information of this wonderful site. This block is very nice for the way of designing. I am very much thanks to this website and using great services.
Plastic Surgeon
Cool! I love your site. Very well done. Thanks for organizing everything to where I can find it easier. Keep up the good work! I love it!
Laser Treatment
Post a Comment