So, we all know that blogger tips are invaluable information to have, especially if you're a new blogger!
Today, one of my favorite blog friends, Kristina from The Streeters Unlimited is here to talk to you about a very sensitive topic, leaving blog comments.
She's also the brilliant mastermind that figured out how to link your Google+ account to your blogger profile AND fix it so that you aren't a no-reply blogger. Just click here to read that. Isn't she awesome?
I don't think there is a point of blogging when you surround it by a bunch of rules.
Defeats the original point of blogging.
So, I'm not going to tell you how to blog, or what you need to do - but I want to give you a tip that I have found works great for me.
I'm not sure about you, but I'm not a fan of bloggers that drop by with a shallow line that shows the post was read, and they are looking for traffic. You know what comments I'm talking about the "Great post. Come check out my blog at xxxxxxxxxx.blogspot.com" or "new follower! come follow my blog!"
My personal stance: if you are going to be a beggar, stand on the street corner, with a sign.
Harsh? maybe. But seriously, I want people to follow my blog that are engaged with my content, who want to be here, not be here because I might follow them back. I give the same respect - if I don't feel like I'd be active on your blog reading and commenting, I'm not going to follow - what's the point? The only point would be making this blogging thing a numbers game, to me, blogging is about more than that.
So my solution?
When I go to a new blog, or really any blog, I usually leave my comment, with the following code:
<a href="http://yourloveishome.
blogspot.com">Kristina </a>
It publishes to look like this:
it also hyperlinks in the email they get for the comments.
You could also do this:
<a href="http://yourloveishome.
blogspot.com">Kristina @ The Streeters Unlimited</a>
It publishes to look like this:
This way, it's saying "Here, is my information if you want to come see me."
Not begging, not asking, just simply putting it out there.
Replace your information with my information, and feel free to use the link in your next comments!
*********************************************************************************
Personally, I think this is GREAT information. If a blogger wants to follow you, I promise, they will follow you. For me personally, what's the best way to get me to check out your blog? Leave me a comment engaging me in conversation. I promise you, I will at least check out your blog.
I hope you enjoyed! As always, leave any suggestions for future posts like this in the comments! (with your new hyperlink even!)
*********************************************************************************
Personally, I think this is GREAT information. If a blogger wants to follow you, I promise, they will follow you. For me personally, what's the best way to get me to check out your blog? Leave me a comment engaging me in conversation. I promise you, I will at least check out your blog.
I hope you enjoyed! As always, leave any suggestions for future posts like this in the comments! (with your new hyperlink even!)


Have you met this amazing blogger?






29 comments:
Right am so trying this! Great tip! I always prefer it when there's an easy link to someone's blog in their comment, especially if they're a no-reply commenter. Otherwise you have to click on their profile, figure out which blog to check .... zzzz. But not a kind of in your face request so much. Just a quick easy link. Here goes :)
Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity
I just have to try this one!! I also really don't like those comments from non-readers, and I can't imagine that they actually work in getting more followers for those people. Well, here goes!
Rachel @ The Random Writings
I just stumbled upon you through another blog that I read... and that sounds pretty interesting. So, because you posted it, I'm going to try it on your post because it seems to make sense :)
Jess @ Jess 3.0
Anyways, I plan on swinging by again soon! :)
What I great tip! I hate when people comment asking me to follow them, but on the other hand if I have to spend too much time searching for their blog I'm just not going to!
Erin
Thank you for sharing!!! love this! Sarah @ EchoLand
This is a great tip! Usually if I come across a new blog I will post my link, don't want to be a beggar, but am giving them easy access to my blog. :)
I'm so glad someone finally came out and said this (that I've seen)! This is a huge pet peeve of mine. Usually people who do that to me don't even comment on the post. They just say "hey I'm following you, come follow me" or my favorite the other day was "I love your blog! Wanna follow each other?" I was thinking if you love my blog just follow it. I always try to just let people know I'm a new follower and I leave my link at the bottom if they want to check out my blog as well. I'm kind of thinking about writing a similar post and calling it "Don't Follow My Blog."
Such a good post! I love looking at new blogs and if I like them and want to follow I love leaving my info if they want to check me put! Haven't looked up now to do this yet so whoohoo for stumbling upon it! Thanks so much. Now trying it out. ;)
Hailey @ Love,Laughter and Lipstick
Love the tip! I wondered how people were doing that on my comments...I'm going to try that out...now!
Dawn @ Dawn's Disaster
PS, I nominated you for an award
Check it out!
I couldn't agree with this post more! So true! when people asked me how I grew my blog to as fast as I did, I told them "Because I'm social - I don't just leave "Follow me" lines and expect my blog to go" I actually find something I have in common with someone and that's how I remember their blog and relate to them. anyways, I know I'm already following you but Messy Dirty Hair sent me :) woohoo!
I really like what you have to say in this post. I feel really weird being a new blogger and posting my blog site under my name but at the same time I feel if I don't I won't get any feed. This is really wonderful information to me. Seriously. I hate looking like I am trying to increase my "following" when I really just wanted to comment how awesome the post was.
Thanks for sharing,
Cody @Solemn Sound
This is awesome for two reasons: #1 I hate blog beggars and #2 I was wondering how people did the link back thing. Thanks ladies!
I TOTALLY agree. It's like, did you even READ my post??? Obviously I'm not going to go and check out your blog if you're just trying to "collect followers"... argh. Thanks for this!
I absolutely love this post. Thank you so much!
Just curious, when exactly did you start blogging? What made you want to start in the first place? Tips for those of us just starting out are always great too! :)
Krissy@ Dear Krissy
Edit: Hopefully I got the HTML right this time. :P
Hey Cody,
I gave your blog a peek, and I decided to follow you. We have A LOT in common. I'm almost 25 and I never learned to drive either. :/ I thought I was the only one! Then there's that love thing I haven't been lucky enough to experience! I think we'll get along great. <3
Krissy@ Dear Krissy
Oh man, I ALWAYS wondered how to do this! I really dislike the the "follow me please" kind of comments.
Oh yea, Messy dirty hair sent me! :P
I forgot I was entering a giveaway. Haha
I'm thinking so like that!I was wondering if writting a post about it because it was something that had bothered me from the beggining but i didn't have the courage because i thought it was a bit selfish tot hink that way...so yeah!now i can post my thoughts without worriying because many people think like me =)
and i think i'm not a no-reply blogger anymore!yeah!
Bea @ Daily Living in Geneva
Oooh! This is nice!! OKay, Giving it a shot!
Stephanie @ Icecream To Bellyrings
It worked!!! (not that I doubted you lol)
Great post! Personally if someone leaves a comment on my blog telling me to follow them or check out their blog, I never do, haha. But if they just post a normal comment, I always check out their blog! The best way to get people to visit your blog is to post sincere comments :)
Ohhh thanks for the tip!! That is awesome! I just figured out how to do it :)
Emily @ Dirt & Pearls
I hope it works....
Hey Paige. I do the exact same thing and feel the same way. It is really one of my pet peeves. I have a little rebellious thing going on when that happens. I don't visit them but if they don't leave their name or if they do something like you do I almost always attempt to check them out. Its a pride thing but shamedly that's what i do.
Thanks for your kind words Paige and I'm so glad this post helped so many of you that have been looking for a way to do this!! :)
Post a Comment