If you've been around lately,
you know I'm slowly delving into fashion posts and being more fashion conscious.
So of course when I started doing this, I started researching fashion blogger resources, websites that have great affiliate programs, etc.
And I was kind of disappointed with what I found.
There was this one site and I'm not naming this site!
I signed up for and was super excited!
Basically, you got a credit, you ordered an item, and then you featured it in a blog post.
I figured, why not?
But then I started browsing the site
and everything was "one size fits all" basically
and of course all the models were stick thin.
Now, I'm not overweight and I won't pretend to be, but I imagine some of my readers are.
Or simply just a different shape than I am.
So even though I wasn't worried about the item fitting me
I was worried about featuring it on my site.
I would never even want to look like I was supporting a website that way.
So, I didn't order anything.
Then, I was looking at another site with pretty much the same deal for bloggers
and it was basically one size fits all too.
What is going on? What is happening to the revolution of the fashion world?
I thought we were advancing into realizing that the stick thin woman is not ok?
I just can't do it.
And if that makes me a bad fashion blogger
then I'm a bad fashion blogger.
I'll still keep posting outfits I like and wear
and guess what?
They will still come from Old Navy and Target and other stores like that
because that's where I shop.
and I guarantee that you can find the larger sizes there too.
This outfit is awesome! I love it!
Tshirt: Old Navy for $6
Jeans: Target. I bought them on clearance last year for $13
Boots: Rack Room for $24
Scarf: Target on clearance for $4
Bracelets: The one with the flower is from Sneakpeeq and the other one I made
Very little makeup and I just threw my hair in a bun!


Have you met this amazing blogger?
8 comments:
That outfit really suits you! :) I want to add that not only is one size fits all webpages, but I feel so many of the blogs I read is buying really branded clothes that I have no way of affording even one of the pieces! :S So glad you wrote about that!
That outfit is cute. I just want to know who took the picture? lol. I am glad you didn't go with though sites. I want bloggers to feel comfortable not judged. Glad to see I am not alone.
Thanks for sharing,
Cody
solemnsound.blogspot.com
That outfit is cute! And I'm proud of you for not joining up with that for that reason! Go you!!
Outfit is cute and I love that you blog fashion outfits that aren't all Gucci/Chanel, etc. I wear clothes that are definitely not high-end fashion ... but it still works and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it!!!!! :) I give you major props for not supporting those sites, also - because "one size fits all" doesn't work for most things unless it's a scarf or a necklace, etc. That's just ridiculous. I also thought we had come to a point in reality where stick thin isn't cool. Guess that hasn't made the rounds completely. Anyway... :) All in all, good job, girl! :)
Love the scarf! You're so cute! :) I agree, I'm always shopping at Target and Kohl's and I'm perfectly happy with it!
One size fits all almost never works!!
I'm a huge Target/Old Navy fan as well!
Hmmm interesting. I am apart of some of these programs & I haven't come across one size fits all at all? But I agree one size fits all is dumb & shouldn't be an option anymore. However when they say that most likely the clothes stretch & will fit you fine!
Love this! I buy belts (for belting EVERYthing) on clearance at Target. Such a bargain!
Have you read Kendi Everyday? That is an inspiring fashion blog. I've read the whole thing.
Post a Comment