homeAbout MeAdvertisecontact

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Utopia, what's yours?

When I was in 11th grade, I had a school project in my English class.

We had to build what we viewed as a Utopia. I'm sure it was related to some book or story we read, but I don't really remember because it wasn't until 12th grade that we read Brave New World or 1984 and those are dystopias. 


Anyway, mine was a Christmas town. I loved Christmas and it's decorations, caroling, Angel Tree, giving presents, wrapping them all pretty and the sheer joy of the season.

I recently came across the pictures I took and I thought, what better time than December to share them with all of you?

We had certain requirements for the project, like all resources had to be available so that's why some things may look kind of odd, like a Wal-Mart in the middle of a Christmas town, but I hope you enjoy it!





Soon after this year, some pretty bad things happened in my family around the holidays and I lost my Christmas spirit. Cody helped me find it again and this year, it's back in full force. I actually feel lik emyself this year! I'll be sharing more about that with you this month too!

Have you ever thought about what your Utopia? What would it be like?
What part do you love about Christmas?


Photobucket
Have you met this amazing blogger?

7 comments:

ChatterBlossom said...

What a sweet idea! Building a little town together would be so much fun!
Jamie
http://chatterblossom.blogspot.com/

Kylee said...

I just had to do this project! We had to write a 12 page research paper about our Utopia, it was pretty crazy. I never would have thought of a Christmas town though, that's brilliant!

kwylee.blogspot.com

Meagan said...

That's adorable, "The Lobster Claw" lol I'm glad you were able to bring back your Christmas Spirit. I think my utopia would involve a lot of sunshine, and flowers and maybe some streams and lakes. I'm channeling my wilderness girl self right now I guess. haha!

Crafts a la Mode said...

My daughter is a psych nurse here in Connecticut. Good luck in school. Nursing school is TOUGH. Following you now on Twitter and Facebook. Best wishes at Christmas, Linda

Janna Renee said...

I think I have found my Utopia...or at least as close as it can be! Having my soldier home makes the whole world blissful <3 Glad you are getting your Christmas spirit back!

Elizabeth said...

I just found your blog through the Mustache Mamma and I'm your newest follower! I'm a college sophomore and I'm just finishing up finals this week. I will be starting nursing school next semester, so I'm very excited and nervous!

SaraSherrell.com said...

Found your site through the I love my post blog hop. I never really have thought about my version of utopia. It would probably NOT involve cold or show though! Congrats on getting your Christmas Spirit back. I hope mine returns one year.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis