Supplies:
-A Spiral notebook/Notebook you want to add a pocket to
-A sheet of cardstock
-Pen or pencil
-Tape (I used packing tape)
Your first step is to place your piece of cardstock under the notebook and trace the outline of your notebook. Include the holes if your spiral notebook if it has them.
I placed my piece of cardstock a little further down on the spiral notebook because I didn't want my pocket to cover the whole back of my spiral notebook.
After that, use the straight edge of your notebook to make some lines on the page. You want one across the bottom, along both sides and across the top edge. I made my pocket slant but you can make the top of yours look any way you want to.
Fold along those lines you just drew, but cut across the top one and then cut off the corners like shown above.
After that, you may notice that along one side (the one of the lower end of the slant) may have a bit peaking out so I just cut that off.
Place your cardstock with the folded edges down and then put where you want your pocket. Now, the first time I made this, I taped on the folded sides, so that all the tape was on the inside of the pocket.
That worked great for awhile, but then I finally just taped along the outside of pocket on the outer edge to make sure that it stayed where I wanted it to be!
I hope that all made sense! Now you've got a pocket to put all those extra papers in.


Have you met this amazing blogger?









5 comments:
I never thought to do this but it's such a good idea! And so much cuter than the ones at the store! I always end up sticking papers in between the pages of my notebooks and they get so messy! This is genius.
I love this idea for cute notebooks that don't have pockets... I HAVE to have pockets! Thanks girl! Totally pinned for later!
How cute! What a great DIY project!
xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes
This was a fantastic idea! Thanks for sharing!!!
This is such a clever idea - thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment