homeAbout MeAdvertisecontact

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Felt Tip Eye Liner Comparison

I'm a huge lover of felt tip eyeliners.
They give you the pretty line of liquid eyeliner without actually having to use liquid eyeliner. Because let's face it, any liquid eyeliner line that I draw on my face does not touch my lash line at all. Plus, it takes forever to dry. 
I've tried quite a few liquid eye liners so I thought I'd share them today.

Let's start with the black eye liners I've tried.


The three brands I've tried are ELF, Smashbox and Jordana. At the moment, I only have a brown Jordana liner so I'll actually include that with the brown liners.

As you can see, there's an old ELF and a new ELF. I haven't actually tried the new ELF because the brush is just weird and it swatches funny.

As far as the old ELF. The formula was good. It was as dark as the Smashbox and it stayed put all day. The only downside is that the brush kind of frayed and it dried out quickly, even if you made sure to close it immediately after using.

The new ELF just has a weird brush but the formula looks like it would be decent if not for the weird brush.
The old ELF retailed for $1 while the new one retails for $2.

The Smashbox liner is amazing. The brush has stayed in tact and this liner is easily 6-8 months old and the formula hasn't dried out one bit. When wearing, the liner stays put all day. The Smashbox liner retails for about $22 so while it's nice, when I remember to pick up a black Jordana liner, I'll probably stick with buying Jordana.


For the brown liners, I've got a Wet N Wild liner and the Jordana liner.

Overall, Jordana is my favorite. The tip is a bit wider so it's more comfortable on the eye. The formula is great, the pen doesn't dry out very quickly and the color is great. The Jordana liner can be found at Walgreens and the felt tip liners retail for $1.99 so it's a great deal!

The Wet N Wild felt tip liner is the only one that hurt my eyes when I applied it and I think it's because the tip of the pen was more rigid and thinner than the others. After using it a couple of times, it doesn't hurt as much. The color is a bit darker than the Jordana and the formula hasn't dried out a bit. The Wet N Wild liner retails for $2.99.

Overall, I just like the Jordana liner much more than the Wet N Wild although I think it's mostly preference.
Do you like felt tip eyeliners? What's your favorite?

Photobucket
Have you met this amazing blogger?

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I prefer gel liners. They work much better since you pick the brush you want to use.

Niki {Glossy Blonde} said...

I love the Smashbox liner! The new elf liner does look really weird - it doesn't seem like it would draw an even line! But for $2 I'm willing to try it!

Breenah said...

Awesome that the Jordana is so inexpensive! Also, could the new ELF be used sideways from what you swatched so you don't get the three lines?

Meg O. said...

I love the Maybelline Infallible super slim liquid eyeliner! Give it a try!

Meg O. said...

Oh and the point with the three tips is so you can tightline and get it in between lashes. I wouldn't really use it to draw a line. Now I wish I wouldn't have bought the Too Faced 3-Way Liner because it's the exact same thing!

Kim S said...

Smashbox is my fav!! Since I don't wear liquid eyeliner much, I think my brown and my black ones have lasted at least a year and they're still in excellent condition :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis